1/3 -1/2 cup limoncella liquor
1 cup hot vanilla pudding from scratch (or hot vanilla pudding from a box)
36-40 fresh raspberries
1 small container whipping cream + 1 tsp. Limoncella liquor
Lemon zest for garnish
1. In a small bowl, break up the biscotti with your hands and add the Limoncella liquor. Next, add half of the hot pudding and fold.
2. Select four glasses and begin the process of layering by adding a tablespoon of warm cookie mixture to the bottom of the glass. Then a tablespoon of hot pudding. And next, a few fresh raspberries. Repeat this process one more time.
3. Beat the whipping cream to a stiff peak and fold in 1 teaspoon of Limoncella. Place a dollop of whip cream on top of each mini trifle and add zest of fresh lemon. Add a few more fresh raspberries on top.
4. Serve immediately or chill until you are ready to serve. If you are going to chill the trifles, add the whip cream at the last moment when you are ready to serve. Serves 4.
Home Made-Vanilla Pudding
2 egg yolks, beaten
3 cups regular milk
3 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan, add the beaten eggs and milk and whisk.
2. In a bowl add the flour and sugar and mix well. Add to milk and eggs.
3. On medium-low heat cook the pudding mixture whisking gently but continuously to prevent the pudding from sticking to the bottom or lumping up. Cook and stir until it comes to a slow boil and it becomes thick. Remove the pudding from heat and add vanilla.
You can make this easy and impressive dessert with flavored rum, banana liquor, almond liquor or other flavored liquors. Change the liquor and the fruit toppings and you have a variety of trifles to experience.
Posted by Alba Carbonaro Johnson