Tilapia with Fresh Basil and Citrus
4 Eight ounces each fillets
6 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
2 Oranges, 1 remove skin and slice, one juice only
1 Lemon, ½ remove skin & slice, ½ juice only
2-3 Tablespoons flour
3 Tablespoon butter
4 Tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
Salt to taste
1. Place the fillet in a shallow dish in a single layer. Pour the olive oil, orange and lemon juices and sprinkle with pepper. Lay the oranges and lemon slices on top. Cover and marinate for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
2. Remove the fish from the marinade and pat dry. Season the fish with salt. In a small dish add the flour and dust each fillet lightly with flour shaking off any excess flour. Reserve the marinade and orange and lemon slices.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons of marinade in frying pan at medium heat. Add the fish and cook for about 2 minutes on each side depending on thickness of fish. Remove the fish from the pan when it is just golden and cooked thru. Keep warm. Discard the marinade left in the pan by wiping with a paper towel so that the frying pan is dry.
4. Melt the butter in the frying pan, and any of the remaining original marinade including the orange and lemon slices.
5. Check the seasoning and simmer until slightly reduced about 4-6 minutes. Pour the sauce over the fish and garnish with fresh basil.
Even picky fish eaters will love this dish!
Posted by Alba Carbonaro Johnson