1 tablespoons olive oil (to brush the dough)
- Preheat oven to 375 F°. Lightly grease a baking pan.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the diced onions at medium heat and saute until soft and fragrant about 10-15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook about a minute. Add the spinach, mix well with the onions and garlic and cook until wilted. Cool and reserve.
- In a bowl, add the ricotta, cheese, salt and pepper, cooked spinach, and beaten egg. Fold all ingredients together.
- Place the first pie dough in a pie dish uniformly to cover the pie dish. Add the ricotta spinach mixture evenly. Next, add the other pie crust on top and fold the bottom and top pie dough edges to close the pie. With a small knife, cut an X in the middle of the pie dough to allow extra moisture to escape in the pie during the baking process.
- Brush the top of the pie crust with a little olive oil and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden. This pie is not going to be very thick. The idea is to enjoy the incredible taste of the pie crust equally to the delicious filling.
- Cool for a few minutes, and then cut into slices. Serve this comforting pie warm as an appetizer or as an entrée with a salad.