Dried Figs with Gorgonzola and Pine Nuts




Dried Figs with Gorgonzola cheese and Pine nuts
12 or more moist whole dried black mission figs
3 or more ounces creamy Gorgonzola cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
12 or more toasted pine nuts

With your thumb, press down on the middle of the fig.  Make an indentation large enough to fit the cheese.  You can stuff as much cheese in the indentation as you wish. With a teaspoon add the cheese, black pepper, and top with a toasted pine nut.

Dried Black Mission Figs
 An afternoon,  I was searching for a snack and couldn’t decide what I wanted. Did I want something sweet? Did I want something savory? Dried figs are always in the pantry, and I had some leftover Gorgonzola from a class, so I put them together and decided that I could have both, the sweet and savory. There it was a new recipe for me to try at parties. I've made them since many times for my clients and cooking classes, and everyone seems to absolutely LOVE them!

It’s an easy dish to prepare that will delight and impress your guest. Each bite is memorable. I can’t explain memorable because you have to taste it to understand what I mean.

If you cannot find moist figs, place the dried figs in a small pan with warm water on low heat for a few minutes, add a little bit of sugar, and cook until they moisten. Strain and pat dry. 

honey
By the way, I also serve these as a dessert with a little drizzle of honey on top. Stickily delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment