Fennel with Shaved Parmesan









1 whole fennel bulb
A drizzle red wine vinegar
A drizzle extra virgin olive oil
2-3 tablespoons shaved Parmesan
Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Remove the stalks off the fennel bulb and save the greens.  Wash and pat dry the fennel.  Next, slice the fennel into thin slices or strips.

2. Place the fennel slices on a serving plate and drizzle with vinegar and olive oil.  Add salt and pepper, shaving of fresh Parmesan cheese and a few greens from the fennel.  Serve 4-6 persons. Serve as an appetizer or side salad.

Fennel is my favorite raw snack. I love to chill it and eat it whenever I have the urge to eat.  It's delicious cold. I love it in my bloody Mary instead of celery. I could think of a thousand other ways to eat it. Perhaps I'll create more recipes for fennel.

1 comment: